- Lin kápa: 192 blaðsíður
- Útgefandi: Human Kinetics; 1 útgáfa (2011)
- Tungumál: Enska
In this special book and DVD package, renowned sport massage therapist Michael McGillicuddy demonstrates the same techniques he has used to train and prepare the world’s elite track and field athletes for Olympic competition. Massage for Sport Performancewill show you how to
- perform both self-massage and partner-assisted massage;
- administer the most effective routines for pre- and postcompetition;
- stretch, warm up, and activate primary muscles;
- treat critical muscle groups for elevated performance;
- speed recovery; and
- minimize injury, pain, and fatigue.
Throughout you’ll also find advice, tips, and variations for specific sports as well as massage recommendations for basketball, running, track and field, soccer, and swimming.
With step-by-step instruction, photo sequences, and video demonstrations of the primary techniques, Massage for Sport Performance is the definitive guide for players, coaches, and athletes alike.
Chapter 1. History and Introduction to Sport Massage
Chapter 2. Sport Massage Equipment
Chapter 3. Getting to Know the Muscles
Chapter 4. Preevent Massage
Chapter 5. Postevent Massage
Chapter 6. Stretching
Chapter 7. Application of Pre- and Postevent Massage
Chapter 8. Injury Recovery Sport Massage
Chapter 9. Sport-Specific Treatments